Thursday, March 29, 2012

A cake for the Boss

We're a tight-knit bunch here in my office!  I'm frequently asked to create cakes for my coworkers for their birthdays.  Here's a cake I created for my boss's 48th birthday (April 2010).  This cake was inspired by a version crafted on Wilton.com.  The idea was to recreate each coworker right onto the cake.  So I did!

8 employees = 8 party hats!














Unfortunately I don't recall the cake flavors for this one but I can tell you that I baked with the petal shaped pan by Wilton and covered the entire cake in white fondant.  All of the "employees" were crafted out of fondant and the "party hats" are vanilla sugar cones wrapped in fondant.  I couldn't help but laugh hysterically throughout the whole process of decorating this cake as I replicated everyone, hilarious!  Needless to say the cake was a big hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment