Friday, March 30, 2012

What are these things?

Back in February 2011 Jennifer, a friend of mine and coworker, asked if I'd like to create a Pokemon birthday cake for her son Spencer.  She named a couple of Spencer's favorite characters and I had no idea what these things were.....and to be honest, I still don't!  hahaha  Anyway, here you go.....

Have no idea who these guys are!












Top











Side
Another side
























Ta-dah!












So this was a chocolate M&M candy cake with chocolate pudding mousse, vanilla buttercream outside and a white fondant overlay.  The character faces, Pokemon logo, lightening bolts and border were all crafted out of fondant as well.  I also painted over the faces and logo with color icing gels to sort-of dress it up a  bit :-)  At first I was very hesitant about this cake but I think overall it turned out pretty cool.  Spencer and his friends loved it and that's what mattered most to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment