Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Very hip!

Here are some pics of a cake I designed for my friend Kristin, who's boyfriend was turning 32 at the time (March 2011).  Since I had never met him, she gave me some idea of his interests, hobbies, etc. and this is what I came up with........

Starting the design process.....
























































This one was pretty simple,  vanilla cake with chocolate pudding mousse filling, chocolate buttercream outside and covered in white fondant.  I've noticed that this mousse filling seems to be a fan favorite!  All of the decorations were crafted out of fondant and painted with color icing gel and some silver shimmering dust  was used for the windows on the Escalade silhouettes (which you can not see because the picture I took of them turned out horrible and can not post, booooo).  Anyway, this was a fun cake to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment