Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Totally rad!

I was very excited to bake this one!  This cake was a request from someone who's son was having a baked-goods auction at there school.  I couldn't resist the excitement to help, especially when I found out he wanted a skateboard.  So cool!

(baked back in March 2011)












Ok so I baked a vanilla spongecake and filled it with vanilla chocolate chip buttercream, iced it with vanilla buttercream and covered it in white fondant.  I used gumpaste to create the "stickers" on the skateboard and painted on them with icing gel colors.  I also painted around the outer edge of the cake, with gel colors, to give it the look of "wood".  As for the wheel assemblies, I used pretzel rods and mini chocolate donuts which I then covered in fondant.  Another fun creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment