Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ninjago cake

Here's a picture of a cake I created for an adorable, now 6 years old, boy named Bryce.  Because he's a huge Lego fan, he asked his parents if he could have a Lego themed birthday cake.  Bryce decided he would love to have a Ninjago character cake but of just the head and face.  So this is what I came up with......


To created the head I baked four 10" round cakes.  I torte and filled all four cakes and then stacked each cake with a layer of buttercream in-between.  I then inserted a few dowels for added stability and crumb coated the cake with additional buttercream.  Next I covered the cake with a yellow color fondant for skin tone and then I wrapped it with a green color fondant to represent the Ninjago face mask.  For the last step I added the "menacing" fondant eyes, hahaha.  Voila`, a Ninjago cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment