Friday, May 4, 2012

Wine bottle cake

Here are some pictures of a birthday cake I created this past weekend for a lover of wine and fabulous woman turned 42!  Happy birthday Brenda!

Krispie treat wine bottle - top














Krispie treat wine bottle - side














Bottle covered in melted chocolate














Completed cake - side














Completed cake - top


















Ok, so this cake is pretty straight forward.  For the base I baked two 9 x 13 chocolate fudge cakes - torte, filled and stacked.  Covered the base in chocolate brown fondant and decorated.  For the bottle I made a double batch of original recipe krispie treats and molded to bottle shape.  I then melted chocolate and smoothed it over the entire surface of the bottle.  Once chocolate hardened, I sanded and smoothed the bottle with a Micorplane (thanks Mom) to kind of get rid of some of the bumps.  Covered the bottle in black buttercream fondant, added label, brushed with clear piping gel and decorated.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. wow impressive, very talented I bet that took a lot of time to make so detailed! such a fabulous cake to make for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oishii Treats! I truly appreciate the kind words!

      Delete